Prince Andrew sex accuser Virginia Giuffre due in court after being charged before crash
Ms Giuffre has reportedly been charged with breaching a restraining order in Perth, Australia.
The woman who sued Prince Andrew, the Duke of York, claiming he sexually assaulted her is expected to appear in court after she allegedly breached a restraining order – just a few weeks after a “serious” road accident.
Virginia Giuffre, 41, who was sex trafficked by paedophile Jeffrey Epstein, has been accused of violating the terms of a family violence restraining order in Australia, where she is said to currently reside.
Western Australia (WA) Courts said her case is due to be heard on Wednesday, April 9, after a preliminary hearing in Joondalup Magistrates’ Court in Perth on March 14, where she did not give a plea.
Ms Giuffre shocked followers on social media earlier this week, who became concerned after she posted a picture of herself from a hospital on Instagram, covered in bruises and claiming she had just “four days to live”.
She is still in a serious condition after the car she was travelling in was involved in a collision with a school bus, the Mirror reports.
According to reports, a spokesperson for Ms Giuffre said the Instagram post was published in error and she had instead meant to share the post to her private Facebook page.
A statement read: “Virginia thanks everyone for the outpouring of love and support. She is overwhelmed with gratitude.
“Today she remains in (a) serious condition while receiving medical care. On March 24, in rural Western Australia, a school bus hit the car in which she was riding.”
It continued: “Virginia was banged up and bruised and returned home. Virginia’s condition worsened and she was admitted to the hospital. Concerning her Instagram post, Virginia thought that she had posted on her private Facebook page.”
Ms Giuffre is said to have separated from her husband. In her caption to the Instagram post, Ms Giuffre wrote that she was “ready to go, just not until I see my babies one last time”.
A previous Instagram post by Ms Giuffre on March 22 included the caption: “My beautiful babies have no clue how much I love them and they’re being poisoned with lies. I miss them so very much.
“I have been through hell & back in my 41 years but this is incredibly hurting me worse than anything else. Hurt me, abuse me but don’t take my babies.”
Western Australia Police said they received one report of a “minor crash” involving a school bus and a car in Neergabby, about 12 miles north of Perth, on March 24.
The incident was reported by the bus driver the next day, while there were no reports of injuries, a police spokeswoman said.
Prince Andrew paid millions to settle Ms Giuffre’s civil case of sexual assault against him. He claimed he had never met her, and consistently denied her allegations.
She sued him for allegedly sexually assaulting her in 2001 when she was just 17, after she was the victim of trafficking at the hands of financier Jeffrey Epstein.